Welcome to the Quantum Science Kids Challenge, a creative and educational competition for kids and students from kindergarten to grade 12. Please read the following rules and guidelines carefully before participating:
- The Quantum Science Kids Challenge is open to children and students from kindergarten (K) to grade 12.
- Participants must have parental/guardian consent if they are under the age of 18.
- You may enter as an individual or as part of a team, but teams must consist of students within the same age group (K-12).
- Group size for team entries is limited to a maximum of four participants.
- Participants must enter the category corresponding to their highest grade level.
- Participants can choose from three categories based on school levels: Elementary School, Middle School, and High School. Choose the category that corresponds to your highest grade level.
- All entries must be original and created solely by the participant(s). Plagiarism or using someone else’s work will result in disqualification.
4. Submission Deadline:
- The deadline for submitting your entry is December 21, 2023.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
5. Submission Format:
Category 1: Art & Storytelling – Quantum Expressions
- Create an artwork or write a story that explores the world of quantum physics. You can use any artistic medium to convey your ideas and imagination related to quantum concepts.
- Submit your artwork or story in digital format (PDF).
Category 2: Educational Content – Quantum Explorations
- Produce educational content related to quantum physics. This can include short videos, animated lessons, or demonstrations that help explain quantum phenomena in an engaging and informative way.
- Upload your video to a video-sharing platform (e.g., YouTube as unlisted) and provide a link to your video. Do not make your video live on any platform prior to the result announcement.
Category 3: Creative Innovation – Quantum Creations
- Design and build a cool quantum-themed educational toy or create a hands-on project that showcases your innovative ideas related to quantum science.
- Submit a description , images, and a brief video demonstration (link) of your quantum educational toy/project as a single pdf file.
- Entries will be judged based on creativity, scientific accuracy, clarity, and overall presentation.
- A panel of judges with expertise in quantum science and education will evaluate the entries.
7. Age Groups:
- Participants will be judged in three age groups: Elementary School (K-5), Middle School (6-8), and High School (9-12).
- Participants are encouraged to create entries appropriate for their respective age group.
- Prizes may include gift cards, quantum-themed educational kits, certificates, recognition on the challenge website, and social media promotion.
- Winners will be announced in a virtual award ceremony (~Jan2024).
9. Results Announcement:
- Winners will be announced in ~Jan2024 through the Quantum Science Kids Challenge website and other communication channels.
10. Consent and Permissions: – By participating in this challenge, you grant permission for your entry to be shared and promoted on the challenge website and associated promotional materials. – Parental/guardian consent is required for participants under the age of 18.
11. Privacy Rules: – Do not include personal details, such as names or contact information, on your entry (artwork, story, video, or toy). Only provide personal information on the designated entry form.
12. Code of Conduct: – Participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship and respect towards other participants and judges. – Any form of bullying, harassment, or inappropriate content will result in immediate disqualification.
13. Judges’ Decision:
- The decision of the judges is final and binding. All evaluations and judgments made by the panel of judges are non-negotiable.
14. Right to Cancel the Challenge:
- The organizers of the Quantum Science Kids Challenge reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the competition at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or any event that may compromise the integrity or feasibility of the challenge. In such cases, all participants will be duly informed of any changes or cancellations.
15. Inclusion Statement:
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants in the Quantum Science Kids Challenge. We celebrate diversity and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to join us in exploring the wonders of quantum science. Our challenge is open to everyone who shares our passion for quantum learning and creativity.
Contact: If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact email@example.com.
All information provided during registration and throughout the challenge must be accurate and truthful. Misrepresentation of any details, including participant names, ages, or contact information, may result in disqualification from the challenge. We encourage honesty and integrity in all aspects of the competition.
Additionally, please be aware that we may request additional information from winners to facilitate prize distribution and recognition. Your cooperation in providing accurate information is greatly appreciated.
By participating in the Quantum Science Kids Challenge, you agree to abide by these rules and guidelines. We encourage creativity, curiosity, and a love for quantum science. Have fun exploring the quantum world through your entries, and good luck!
1. Information Collection:
We collect personal information such as names, ages, email addresses, and contact information during the registration process for the Quantum Science Kids Challenge. This information is used solely for the purpose of managing the competition, contacting participants, and announcing winners.
2. Use of Information:
The information collected will be used exclusively for the Quantum Science Kids Challenge, including communication with participants, evaluation of entries, and awarding of prizes.
4. Publicity and Promotion:
By participating in the Quantum Science Kids Challenge, you grant permission for your entries (e.g., artwork, videos, etc.) to be shared and promoted on our challenge website and associated promotional materials. Entries may be shared for promotional purposes.
5. Children’s Privacy:
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Participants under the age of 18 must have parental or guardian consent to participate in the challenge.