QuEra Computing is seeking talented AMO physicists with strong expertise in apparatus design, build, and integration. You will work closely with a team of hardware and software engineers to design, build, test, and improve various optical systems, and to integrate these systems into our neutral-atom quantum computers. Our teams are project-based and, as a quantum engineer, you will be responsible for driving progress and mentoring colleagues on several such projects. Candidates should display a deep interest in developing and commercializing quantum technologies, and be self-motivated in a collaborative working environment.
To be successful in this role, we believe candidates should have:
· A Ph.D. in experimental AMO physics or equivalent industry experience
· Strong hands-on laboratory skills
· An established publication record in top journals or a demonstrable record of innovation and accomplishment, including patents or product development cycles
· Experience leading the design of scientific instruments and apparatus
· Deep domain expertise in the areas of optics, lasers, electronics, and ultra-high vacuum
· Excellent communication skills, including highest ability to explain physical reasoning, design decisions, and experimental results
Preferred qualifications include:
· Familiarity with Python, Autodesk inventor, Zemax, COMSOL, and CNC machining
To apply for this job please visit www.quera.com.